Do you offer primary training?

No, we only offer secondary ITT.

Do I need a degree to teach?

Yes, you must have a degree and 50% of the degree needs to be in the subject you want to teach.

How much of my degree needs to be the subject I want to teach?

50% of your degree must be in the subject you want to teach, sometimes we will request transcripts to check this is the case.

Is the course full time?

Presently we only offer full time training places via allocated places (SCITT & School Direct.)

How often does professional training run and where is this located?

Professional training takes place once a week, this alternates between a full day and then a half day each Tuesday. The sessions are booked at the start of the year and the trainees are given a calendar to follow.  The training is mostly held in the MSC Training room, located at Crispin School, Street. Some sessions will take place at other venues, for example EAL training at Millfield School in Street. Trainees will need to travel by car at times, we do try to look at this geographically and remain sympathetic when arranging training.

How many placements will I have?

The MSC provides one home school placement and a 6 week second school placement. Trainees will also visit a primary school and a College or 6th form.

Can I chose my placement School?

The MSC prides itself on its ability to match trainees to our partner schools, the interview process is vigorous and designed for this purpose. The MSC works with the candidates and schools to ensure that placements are mutually beneficial. Candidates are informs at all stages of the process as we negotiate with schools.  

Can I work at a School if I have family Members there?

No, we do not allow trainees to be based at Schools with family members or spouses**

**This can be discussed with the training school and MSC. 

Is there any accommodation attached?

Unfortunately not

I have children is there childcare facilities?

Unfortunately not, However the SLC provide financial assistance for candidates with children. Click here

When does the application portal open?

The UCAS TT portal is due to open at some point during October (normally between 20th October and 1st November), we will publish the date, once we receive confirmation of the date

Can I apply if I am still completing my degree?

Yes you may apply but any offer made would be conditional on you obtaining your degree by the first day of the course.

Can I register for an information pack?

Yes, please click here

Can I find my own training school?

This is not how the MSC works. The MSC works with a number of Partnership Schools in the local area, over the summer, schools are asked to tell the MSC how many places they would like and which subjects. We then apply for the places and candidates are then matched to the schools following successful interview. The MSC works with the schools to fulfil their training needs as much as we do with trainees to fulfil theirs.   

Ofsted Report